Radiojodtherapie - Orte, Wartezeiten?

Kirsten

Administrator
Teammitglied
Hallo Ihr Lieben,

mein aelterer Kater Zack hat eine starke Schilddruesenueberfunktion und ich wollte ihn eigentlich (wie Tilly und Kenny) in Ghent, Belgien mit Radiojod behandlen lassen.

Jetzt erfahre ich, dass die Uni in Ghent riesen Problem hat, Radiojod zu bekommen und die aktuelle Wartezeit 11 Monate betraegt. Bei Tilly und Kenny waren es maximal 1-2 Monate.

Hat jemand von euch Tipps wo es in Deutschland oder den Nederlanden Moeglichkeiten zur Radiojodtherapie gibt? Vielleicht sogar auch wie die Lage im Moment aussieht?

Huhu,

ich habe leider von der Radiojod-Therapie keine Ahnung. Was mir jetzt spontan einfallen würde wäre in Uniklinik in Utrecht (NL) mal anzufragen.
Ansonsten würde mir noch die Uni-Klinik Gießen einfallen. Die bieten es an, aber wie es mit der Beschaffung aussieht weiß ich nicht.

Huhu,

ich habe leider von der Radiojod-Therapie keine Ahnung. Was mir jetzt spontan einfallen würde wäre in Uniklinik in Utrecht (NL) mal anzufragen.
Ansonsten würde mir noch die Uni-Klinik Gießen einfallen. Die bieten es an, aber wie es mit der Beschaffung aussieht weiß ich nicht.
Hallo Caro,

Vielen Dank fuer deine Antwort. Ich werde dort nachfragen.

Ich habe noch folgendes gefunden (link):

Most medical radioisotopes made in nuclear reactors are sourced from relatively few research reactors, including:
  • HFR at Petten in Netherlands (supplied via IRE and Curium).
  • BR-2 at Mol in Belgium (supplied via IRE and Curium).
  • Maria in Poland (supplied via Curium).
  • Orphee at Saclay in France (supplied via IRE).
  • FRJ-2/FRM-2 at Jülich in Germany (supplied via IRE).
  • LVR-15 at Rez in Czech Republic (supplied via IRE).
  • HFETR at Chengdu in China.
  • Safari in South Africa (supplied from NTP).
  • OPAL in Australia (supplied from ANM).
  • ETRR-2 in Egypt (forthcoming: supplied to domestic market).
  • Dimitrovgrad in Russia (supplied via JSC Isotope).
  • NRU at Chalk River in Canada (supplied via MDS Nordion) ceased production in October 2016, and the reactor closed down in March 2018.
Und dann hier (August 24, 2022):

Disruption of Supply of I-131 During the Period of September 2022 through February 2023
According to a communication from Nuclear Medicine Europe (NMEU), there is an elevated chance of periodic I-131 supply disruptions from September 2022 through February 2023 due to a planned outage of one of the MARIA research reactors, producing I-131.
There are three major international suppliers of I-131: IRE (Belgium) and NTP (South Africa), via nuclear fission-produced I-131 (by-product of Mo-99 production); and POLATOM (Poland) via neutron activation of tellurium targets. The University of Missouri Research Reactor in Columbia, Missouri has also been producing I-131 via tellurium targets for customers in the United States only. There are several other small-scale producers.
While Nuclear Medicine Europe believes there is a potential risk to I-131 supply from September 2022 through February 2023, any possible shortage should remain limited

Und hier (February 16, 2023):

Fears of a looming crisis emerged when officials at Europe's nuclear medicine industry group learned on 20 January that one of the world's largest medical isotope manufacturers in the Netherlands had shut down due to a water leak in its cooling system.
The supply of iodine-131 (I-131), an isotope used primarily in imaging and treating thyroid cancer, was already an issue. An unscheduled shutdown in mid-December of a production line at the IRE facility in Fleurus left that supply in apparent jeopardy, with plans for a full restart there expected this week.
The news of the shutdown of the High Flux Reactor (HFR) in Petten, the Netherlands, had some wondering whether the global supply of Mo-99 would be imperiled as well.
"We had a little bit of a perfect storm, because these two things were happening at once," Kollegger said.
In a phone call on 14 February with officials at the Nuclear Research and Consultancy Group (NRG), which operates the HFR, Kollegger and colleagues learned the cause of the water leak has been identified and that company is hopeful it will restart production by 17 March.
The leak was difficult to detect, given it was small and located in cooling tubes embedded in concrete, he said. It took two weeks to confirm the source. NRG has developed a plan to fix it and is working with the Dutch Authority for Nuclear Safety and Radiation Protection (ANVS) on final approval to initiate the work.
"Everyone believes that HFR will start up again on [17 March]," Kollegger said.

Wahrscheinlich gibt es da einen grosseren Rueckstand bei den Behandlungen von Menschen, und die Tiere kommen dann erst danach dran.

Zurück
Oben